Monday, March 8, 2010

Inconsistent Me

I'm not very good at keeping my pace consistent. Here's my 5 mile run from today. See what I mean?  Or maybe I'm just a lazy runner...


Did you notice the change in my "Upcoming Races" area? I have been invited to join a team with Christy at It Just Looks Like Slow Motion for the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay on June 18-19! I am SO excited to be a part of this! But my excitement will probably change to stress once I find out what runner I will be and how much uphill running I will be doing. I suck at hills.  But I've got three months to train and train I will.  I went right to the Ragnar website when Christy asked me and printed off a training schedule.  And then I peed a little.  Just kidding - but the schedule is pretty intimidating for someone like me that only runs 3-4 times a week and doesn't ever do tempo runs or intervals or hills.  I just run. 

I guess that will be changing soon.

5 comments:

L.B. said...

That's a good overall pace for your five-miler! I usually try to shoot for 46-48 minutes when I'm running five miles, at the gym anyway. It gives me something to take my mind off of things.

Also, how exciting about the Ragnar Relay!! Wasatch Back!! I ran the Vegas relay last year and plan on doing so again this year. You should ask Christy about it ;) and you'll have to let me know how strong of a teammate she is so I can be prepared come October :)

Alicia said...

Awesome! I'll be at the Ragnar Relay- Wasatch Back, too! It will be my first Ragnar and somehow I got roped into being team captain. Seriously?! I can't wait, though.

Still planning a bloggy meet-up at Shamrock Half, right?!

Jen Feeny said...

You are going to have so much fun with Christy at Ragnar! She is a doll and Ragnar is such a blast! Don't let the legs scare you too much, just go out there and have fun!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I think that is a great pace!!! Running 3-4 times a week is sufficient :-)

Christy said...

Ragnar's training schedule is intimidating. Don't feel like you have to follow it completely. Especially all those long runs, towards the end. Just train like you would for a half marathon, and the last month of training do a couple of two-a-days. That's it. For more specifics, just ask me.