Monday, May 17, 2010

Ugh, ugh, UGH!

"I've lost my mojo!" 

I keep hoping and hoping that I will have the desire to run again, but so far... I still don't want to do it.  I get home from work and just want to lay around.  I don't really FEEL tired, but maybe I am?  I'm pretty sure it's all in my head though.

On Saturday, I told myself that I was going to run 7 miles.  I didn't.  Tonight I need to run 4 miles... and I am already coming up with excuses not to do it.

I have a 10K to run on Saturday.  I'm not prepared, but I'm not worried about it.  I'm pretty sure that's my problem.  When I signed up, I said that I would do it "just for fun" and not worry about my time. 

It will be interesting to see how slowly I do it, or if I get caught up in the "race" and end up hurting myself.  I've been known to do that.

But - I'm not worried.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Hey girl! We all have to take a break every now and then. I wouldn't worry about your time until after you have that little one. Go have fun and good luck on your 10K!

L.B. said...

Maybe somebody is sucking the mojo out of you and hogging it :)

When my wife was pregnant, all she could do was sit and try not to throw up. I think it's an accomplishment to run at all, let alone a 10K. Run it and be proud of running it. Under those circumstances, who cares what your time is?

Pining for Pinterest said...

I think you can... I think you can... I think you can :)

Jams said...

You'll get your mojo back! I promise!

Thanks for the blog comment about the phone and the Century! I've been reading and they say that when you're doing something like that, a person can generally ride 3 times what they're comfortable riding on a normal basis.

None of the training plans have you do a training ride of more than 70 miles, so you should totally sign up to do it with your dad after the little one comes!

Lynn Baldwin said...

Maybe I can keep up with you on Saturday since you have been slacking. I have only ran once on vay kay. "Got my mojo woekin but it just don't woek on you." to quote the great Muddy Waters.

ihaverun said...

Don't hurt yourself! And if I remember right, you are preggo so give yourself a break. Maybe the lack of mojo is just your body forcing you to take it easy.

The Boring Runner said...

Austin powers never gets old. You'll find your mojo - races are Great for doing that.




BTW - I have heard that recovery socks are good for pregnant women. You should try them!!

Jill said...

You'll find the mojo again, we all go through periods of blah-time. Look at this slacker week as tapering. :). Good luck!!!!

X-Country2 said...

You're growing a person. They took your mojo. No worries, you'll get it back. Good luck this weekend!