Monday, May 3, 2010

Another Race

I signed up for another 10K race on Friday.  It's on Saturday the 22nd in downtown Salt Lake City.  It's called the Stop Traffic race and the entry money goes to helping rescue victims of human trafficking around the world.  I'd say that's a pretty good cause for my $25, right?  Plus, another technical race shirt?  I'm in!

I haven't run since the Earth Day 10K that I did... I guess I better get out there again tonight!  6 weeks until the Wasatch Back!

If anyone wants to know - I'm 11 weeks now and still feel fabulous!  I'm getting really lucky with this pregnancy and have had no symptoms, for which I'm grateful.  We get to hear the heartbeat on Wednesday and I can't wait!  Since I don't have symptoms reminding me that I'm pregnant, it's easy to kind of forget and just go along with my life (also it's easy to freak out that nothing is happening inside of me - but I try to stay away from those thoughts).  Wednesday will be very exciting for us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for Wednesday! Exciting! And good job for doing another 10k.

L.B. said...

Woo hoo! I remember when I heard my first daughter's heart beat. It was so strange to think that was going to become a baby someday. Kinda scary! It sort of legitimized the whole pregnancy for us - ain't no turnin' back now! The ultrasound was also cool but that was the first eye-opening experience for us.

And then by the time you're in week 34-plus, you won't really care about the heartbeat that much - you'll just want that baby out :)

Pining for Pinterest said...

Great to hear that the prengnacy is coming along well! Great job on the races. I hope you have a great day!