Friday, June 22, 2012

Gotta Get Down on Friday

So, my cousin Mike did it!  435 miles in 10 days.  CRAZY!  I wanted to be up with him at the finish, but wasn't able to make the 11 hour (round-trip) drive.  Maybe I'll just have to invite him down here to do something equally crazy, like the Wasatch 100.  Oh wait, he's done that before.  A few times.

In other news, I am running.  I'm not training for a half marathon - yet.  My boss at work came into my office this week and told me about a new half marathon and said that he would pay half of my entrance fee if I wanted to run it (I guess he knows one of the race directors).  So, I'm thinking about it.  I hate, hate, HATE running in the heat (and to me, that's anything about 70º), so I'll attempt training and if it goes well, then I'll do it and if not, then I'll run a half in October or November.

Not that you all really wanted to know my race plans, but whatever. 

I'm currently "training" for a 10K on the 4th of July.  I've run it twice - and even PR-ed while 20 weeks pregnant.  We'll see what happens this year.  I'm not expecting a new PR, but I would like a COURSE PR.

I'm also OBSESSED with Zumba classes.  I do them twice a week after my baby that is no longer a baby is asleep.  And it's AWESOME!  I can't do half of the dance moves, so I end up Ska dancing like a weirdo while everyone else is doing the Samba.  But I love it!

Pictures make every blog post better - so here's one of little family (uh... kind of).

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations to your cousin, that is fantastic! I know you must be beaming with pride! :)

Oh my gosh...your daughter is precious, precious!! Love her big smile!

Blaine said...

So what is the new half marathon you are considering?