Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Race Report: Earth Day 10K

What is up with the weather in Utah this year?  I've been training in 40º and then race day comes and it's a record high 87º!!! 

AND this race had the most bizarre start time of 11am - so it was HOT.

Let me just tell you, I SUCK in the heat.

My husband ran this race with me and kept pushing me even though I kept trying to stop and walk (and I did walk, through both water stations and up a disgusting hill at mile 5.25).  But he pushed me in and I have a new PR for the distance.
And I won my age group and have another medal hanging in my bedroom.

My parent's watched Katie for us as we ran.  We picked her up and headed to get some lunch on the way home.  But she was worn out from playing so hard with her Grandma and Grandpa.

She's wearing her beach hat, getting used to it before we head out.

This blog will probably be empty for the next 2 weeks or so (maybe more, maybe less) - we're headed to Hawaii.  Be jealous.

I'll tell you all about it (and the running that we did) after we get back.

1 comment:

Lynn Baldwin said...

Grandma and Grandpa were napping too after she went home.