I have received two blogging "awards" in the last couple of weeks. I'm a slacker and try to ignore them, but I'm not going to anymore.
First: Candice "nominated" me for the Versatile Blogger. I accept.
As part of this award, I must share seven things about myself.
1. When I was in the ninth grade, I cut ALL of my hair off. The hair on the top of my head was not even 2 inches long. It took until my senior year of high school to grow it out to my shoulders. And I vowed NEVER to cut it that short again.
2. Also in the 9th grade, I went out for the high school track team. I thought that I could do hurdles. Um no. Then I thought that I could be a sprinter. I'm not going to tell you how many times I almost came in last in every heat that I ran.
3. I have been salmon fishing in Alaska.
4. I was a singer in a blues band. And even though I say "blues", I mean classic rock, blues and a whole bunch of other random songs. It was me, my dad, one of his buddies from work, a friend of that guy and a neighbor. So, men over 40 and then me.
5. I can not say "No" to homemade chocolate chip cookies. And I never will.
6. My husband told me that he loved me and wanted to marry me on our second date. We were officially engaged three weeks later. Sometimes, when you know - you know.
7. I truly believe that Disneyland is "the happiest place on Earth". I absolutely love it!
Second blogging award that I've received is the Cherry On Top from Amanda.
And I must answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
The only thing that I would change would be to go back to high school and take the college level courses, that gave you college credit. And then after high school, going first to the community college, instead of jumping into the univeristy level that weeded me right out of college. I probably would have "stayed in school" if I would have approached it differently.
Oh! And I would have joined the cross-country team!
So there you have it. Both of these blogging awards have gone around and around the internet, so I'm not going to pick more people to do them... because pretty much everyone already has! But thank you for choosing me! And for reading my blog.
2013 May 11 - Vigor 13.1 Half Marathon March 23 - Riverton Half Marathon (cancelled)
2012 November 17 - Holiday Heros 5K November 3 - Just Cuz Half Marathon October 12 - Dash After Dark 5 Mile September 15 - Rivalry Run 10K September 8 - Vigor 13.1 Half Marathon August 4 - SYTO Virtual 5K July 4 - Riverton Country Mile 10K June 2 -Dirty Dash April 21 - Earth Day 10K March 31 - Riverton Half Marathon March 17 - St. Patty's Day 5K Gold Rush February 11 - Valentine's Day 5K Date Dash January 28 - FYTO Virtual 5K
2011 November 19 - Holiday Heros 5K November 5 - Just Cuz Half Marathon October 15 - SoJo Half Marathon September 17 - The Dirty Dash 10K September 5 - Temple to Temple 5 Mile August 20 - South Valley Half Marathon July 2 - Riverton Country Mile 10K June 25 - SYTO Virtual 5K May 21 - Ogden Half Marathon
2010 August 28 - Jamba Juice Virtual 5K July 3 - Riverton Country Mile 10K June 19-20 - Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay May 22 - Stop Traffic 10K April 22 - Earth Day 10K April 17 - Salt Lake Half Marathon March 27 - Riverton Half Marathon March 20 - Shamrock Half Marathon March 17 - St. Patty's Day 5K
2009 November 7 - Just Cuz Half Marathon June 13 - Bear Lake Half Marathon May 23 - Neighborhood 5K April 18 - Salt Lake Half Marathon