Monday, August 6, 2012

Race Report: SYTO Virtual 5K

You know what's fun?  When your Garmin won't turn on and you have a virtual 5K to "race".

My finish time is an estimate.  I use the Nike+ app on my phone to track all of my runs along with my Garmin, but the Nike GPS is ALWAYS off.  It makes me out to be a faster runner in less distance, which is always nice.  Except for race days.

My average pace according to Nike was 9:10/mile, so I rounded up to 9:20.

Finish time: 28:59.

Hooray for the middle of the freaking summer and running in 80º+!!!

Not.

And then I ran 3 more miles home.

What an amazing, awe-inspiring race report, right??

... ... ... ... ...

Last year's Sweat Your Thorns Off included a picture of my foot.  This time you aren't so lucky.

Instead, I'll exploit the adorableness of my daughter some more.

Little miss Ketchup-Face after her dinner of french fries.

 Oh wow! Elk! In the middle of a suburban neighborhood?

4 comments:

Becca Lund said...

You are still my hero. Stupid Garmins!

Jill said...

Running fast (or slow - ha) in this heat sucks! Great job on the virtual race...and I'll look at your daughter's pictures all day if you post them :). What a cutie!

Christy said...

You are amazing, woman!

Narda said...

Wow, you did a great Job again Whitney! I've been competing just last year I started. Every time I go to the gym and lay down in my tanning bed I still think I'm running around. You inspire me and I will start competing for a 10K run on our town this year! Thanks Whitney