Saturday, August 6, 2011

Here's the Thing...

I don't like blogging about running anymore.

OK, that's not really true... but I feel weird blogging about running.  I mean, does anyone really care about my mid-week runs and how slow I went and what I felt like and how I saw this many runners and only one of them acknowledged me? 

Does anyone really care about my long runs and how slowly I go and how many times I walked and how I tried a new flavor of GU and liked it?

Mostly I just want to talk about this:

And I do... a lot... on my personal/family blog.

... ... ... ... ...

Anyway, I ran 12 miles this morning.  And it took me WAY too long.  Like, 30  minutes slower than what I had hoped to be running for the half marathon in two weeks.

Confidence boosting, wouldn't you say?

7 comments:

ihaverun said...

My long runs are always longer than my races. There's something about knowing I have no time limit.

Love the pic. Sooo cute. And we don want to hear about your running. And about your girl too =)

Jill said...

Oh gosh, look at that adorable smile - love it! And her hair, it is coming in and soooo cute!

The long run pace is always slower than the actually run. Taper and fresh legs and some carb loading will do the trick on race day :).

Amanda said...

How stinkin cute is she :) My runs are like that right now and in the past I've tried to find as many funny/odd things to report back on like animals I saw or the people I run into. Helps keep my mind occupied too!

Allie said...

I care! I have to live long runs through other people now! I am down to only being able to do about 4 mikes at a time. :( so yes, I like hearing about your running....and Katie too!:)

Jill Campbell said...

I love that you love to run. I don't love to run and I still love hearing about you running,even if you're not as fast as you'd like to be. It inspires me to keep plugging away at the things I do. And I definitely LOVE seeing that adorable Katie. Keep blogging.

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

I know how you feel...but I think the trick is that you have to want to do it for yourself. To chronicle your runs (training and racing) FOR YOU. So you can look back and know what you were feeling, doing and thinking - whether it is technical stuff so you know what you did right/wrong on your runs or whether it is to remember how you overcame adversity and triumphed in a race or on a long run. I struggle with this every day, every time I write. I want to be a part of this community of women who run and write about it - I think we are all here to support one another and encourage one another, especially as moms who run. I enjoy reading about your running and also about your cute cute baby! So keep doing it - but only if you want to and only if you are enjoying it!!!

Lynn Baldwin said...

I think you might beat Audrey in 2 weeks. Katie is the cutest.