Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunch Break

I very recently - meaning only last week - started running on my lunch break.  My husband is very proud of me (I have now run while I at work 4 times) and I get a really mixed reaction from people in the office.  My bosses think it's awesome, some of the agents tell me "good for you", and others are really bothered by the fact that I am running and then not showering. 

It just so happens that I am one of those people that don't sweat very much.  So just take a chill-pill, people.

Today I ran 3.1 miles.  As I was getting ready to go change into my running clothes, I realized that I didn't eat an hour before, like I had been on my previous runs.  The last food that I had was a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios almost 5 hours ago.  Drat!  So I wasn't as prepared as my previous runs and I really could feel it the last mile.  I started out pretty strong (for me, strong is 8:45 - 9:15) and kept it up for the first half, but then got progressively slower until I looked down and my pace was 10:40.  Ugh.
P.S. I love Nike+, but no matter how many times I try to calibrate my sensor, it doesn't track my miles accurately.  So my pace and miles completed are faster and farther than I really go.  I love my Garmin.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Good for you for running while at work! My boss does it almost every day and tries to get me to go along. I am one of those nasty, fling my sweat all over the place kind of sweaters, so I have so far NOT gone.
Welcome to the blog world girl! Enjoy the madness.... :)