Friday, September 10, 2010

30 Weeks and Counting...

I have nothing to report when it comes to exercising/running.  I'm "taking a break"... just because of the fact that I'm exhausted when I get home from work (what the heck am I so tired from?  reading blogs and playing Farmville on Facebook?).  I plan to start walking again next week.  The weather is FINALLY cooling off and I plan to take full advantage of it.

In other news, I have only 10 weeks until my due date.  We cleaned out the baby's room and over the long weekend set up the crib and dresser.  I like to walk into that room every day now and just look at it. 

AND!  I finally bought an outfit for the baby.  We had been getting lots of clothes from people (especially the grandmas), but I wanted to buy at least ONE outfit for my little girl (yes, I realize that I will be buying clothes for her for the next 20+ years, but I wanted to get something in the teeny, tiny baby size).  So I bought a cute little layette set that she will, most likely, come home from the hospital in.  November can't come soon enough, and with the way this pregnancy has gone for me, it will be here before I know it.  I can't wait!

6 comments:

L.B. said...

How exciting! Your last days freedom. Soak up all the quiet time in that room right now while you're alone... I mean, I guess you're never really alone anymore but soak it up while your girl is inside you still.

Do you have an outfit picked out for the day you bring your baby home? We had a special one. We bought it in Mexico during a trip in 2000, three years before she was born, when we didn't really know when we would have kids, let alone if they'd be boys or girls, but I liked this hand-sewn dress and figured it would be a good baby outfit. So we saved it for years and then decided we'd bring our newborn baby home in that one since it was a special occasion and all.

She pooped on the way home and had her first blowout all over that dress.

So much for special.

Tara said...

Hell, even I'm tired from blogging and FBing at work, I'm sure you're extra tired.

Are you really that close to your due date? Geez.

Momma Twitch said...

10 weeks...it's going to go by so fast with the holidays and all! Lucky! I still have 22 weeks to go. lol

I wish you could run the SoJo with me too. Maybe next year. It'd be nice to have someone to run with for a change.

Jill said...

Of course mama has to buy baby's coming home outfit - it's one you'll always remember :). These next 10 weeks are going to FLY!!!! Happy rest of the weekend :).

Momma Twitch said...

It's about 1.25 around just the middle, but I count from my house around the middle and back for 2 miles. You could also add on a loop around the front part of the lake over the two bridges (if that makes sense) and it'll make it around 2 miles. I'll have to run it today and give you an exact milage. It'll give me something fun to do. :)

Marathonman101108 said...

10 weeks to go?!! My, I HAVE been a slacker-blogger. Glad you're doing well.